Polyphenols are compounds that naturally occur in plants. Certain plant-based foods including herbs, spices, tea and wine are great sources of polyphenols.
Polyphenols are considered a micronutrient and are powerful antioxidants with lots of potential health benefits and are easy to get through a healthy diet.
Polyphenols are thought to have many health benefits, including:
- Raised immunity
- Reduced inflammation
- Managed blood pressure levels
- Vascular health
- Controlled blood sugar levels and lowered diabetic risk
- Lowered risk of heart disease
- Healthy digestion
- Supporting brain health
Sources of Polyphenols:
- Tea (green or black)
- mymuse organic enhanced teas
- Cocoa powder and dark chocolate
- Red Wine
- Berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- Other fruits (black currants, plums, sweet cherries, apples)
- Pomegranate juice
- Black Beans & White Beans
- Nuts (hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, walnuts)
- Vegetables (artichokes, red onions, spinach, chicory)
…fills her cart with tea, chocolate and wine…. for health!